Author
Topic: [TUT] How to create [DD] Map  (Read 4820 times)

franky

• Inactive
  • 6 am
  • -=
[TUT] How to create [DD] Map
2015-04-20 17:51:21
Map editor settings
First, let's configure our settings. Press F in the editor and go to options,

Objects
Objects are what makes a map. Here are some recommendations on which objects you can use,

Main objects u need to use are,

8838 - Small road
3458 - Long road
3080 - Ramp

You can make a map with just these 3 objects. Here are some other object IDs that you can experience with,
3095, 1482, 13649, 2898, 3374, 1649, 2945, 9131, 2960, 983, 3406

I'm not much into decoration, I mostly use; 981 and 3877 to lighten up the map. I'll leave the decoration to your liking.

All of the objects I've listed can be found in this image,

Actual mapping
This is where your skills shine. I can't guide you through mapping a whole map, but I can help you with basic object movements, where and where to not place them.

How to place roads
Our first rule is to not make bumpy roads.

There's two ways to fix this problem, you either move the object down/up using the Page Up/Down keys, or press F3 while the object is selected, and change the X,Y,Z

You can also easily fix the flickering of the objects by; selecting one of the objects, pressing ALT + Page Up/Down keys at the same time. Tip: Just a single Page Up/Down will be enough.

Rotation
The best way to rotate objects for me is to use the coordinates on the F3 GUI. If you do not want your map to look like a lego house, use mathematical degrees, such as 45, 90, 180 and 360.

How not to place roads
This is most important, you should not;
Block the vision of the driver
Block the road with another object
Add objects onto a road that'll keep a player from falling off

These are just examples, I'd like to add an image for this. As you see, everything is wrong with the placement of the objects here.

Meta
Perhaps the last thing you should look into, is the Meta of the map. I'd personally advice you to keep the map name simple.

Now, we have three types of DD maps.

1.Ordinary
2.FUN
3.Cross

Ordinary maps
Ordinary DD maps may have any spawn-car with one condition: All must have the same vehicle. Repairs are a must. No scripts that changes the gameplay for the player.

FUN maps
FUN maps may have different vehicles for each player. May include vehicle-change. Repairs are not a must. Scripts are allowed. RC vehicles allowed.

Cross maps
Cross maps must have either Cheetah or Tampa as spawning vehicles. No vehicle-change. Repairs are an absolute must (may be timed). No Scripts that changes the gameplay for the player. Needs better mapping. Even the smallest fault with the objects are not allowed. Not too small, not too big.

Please read these and make a decision which one of the categories your map falls into. And enter the map description as,

#cross for Cross maps
#notcross for others
Last Edit: 2015-04-22 11:49:04 by Hypersonic

Mettyu

• Nolifer
  • 720 hu
  • Anyád
Re: [TUTORIAL] How to create [DD] Map
#1 2015-04-20 18:05:46
Thanks for this post, maybe it will be useful for someone.

Hederi

• Nolifer
  • 391 hu
  • Former Co-Leader of GoD
#2 2015-04-20 18:12:58
(Y)

Once upon a time I played MTA:SA DD professionally, now I just talk about it.

franky

• Inactive
  • 6 am
  • -=
#3 2015-04-21 11:04:31
I am going to make more and more tutorials.

eLBe

• Nolifer
  • 175 hu
  • GoD Rap Triology
#4 2015-04-22 08:36:11
Good idea,but stop it please.
That's a bit annoying.

Gr0x

• Leader
  • 277 hu